Saturday, December 8, 2012

Sunflower cupcakes


i always seem to have some thing to appologise for at the beginning of a post and now my reason is semi justified because google wouldnt let me upload anymore photos onto my blog!!! how about that for fine print. so i had to hassle through creating and adding a whole new account to this blog just so i can continue posting! seems ridiculous to me

anyway, sunflowers. yes im in love with sunflowers at the moment and growing my own has only made me love them more (see photos at end of post)

used royal icing for the flowers and a leaf stamp for the leaves made out of fondant. this wussy italian fondant that went soggy after a day of sitting on the cupcake!


i used the black magic cake recipe but i think in the near future (when i have access to an oven, there is no oven in my new house and its stressing me out quite a bit. i keep having this craving for the smell of warm ginger biscuits or urge to ice something or buy some radical baking gadget when i realise i have no oven)

im not sure what flower this is but its definately a christmas flowers over here in italy. they are everywhere and quite beautiful with deep red velvety petals.
christmassy cupcake
these are my own sunflowers that up until a few days ago were growing on my balcony. now they are still growing, but it is no longer my balcony as when i moved houses i forgot to take them with me!! i know, im a bad mother

im in somewhat of a sunflower craze at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment